Growing your category through creating an innovative mindset at shelf
* Shoppers are continuously looking for better deals as most decisions are still made at shelf. Price promotions are important but innovative differentiation through offerings and visualisation can be a more effective way to drive category and brand growth.
Esti Prinsloo, Innovation Practice Director SA, Nielsen
Meet and keep the new South African real time shoppers
* Appreciating the inter relationship of the new technologies impacting real time retail
* Establishing consolidated “value networks”
* Experience marketing; the death of traditional brand loyalty
Alistair Duff, Chief Innovations Officer, The Black Swan Theory
Kasi Bites, Serving the Township Fast Food Appetite
* What does the Fast Food Retail Landscape for Township Dwellers look like?
* What are the drivers for Modern Trade and Informal Trade Outlets?
* How can brands be activated effectively in Informal Trade Fast Food Outlets
Jack Hlongwane, Senior Research Executive, Kantar
Rise and rise of convenience retail
* Small is Big – What’s behind the shopper preference for small stores, their behaviours and
attitudes and how to capture shopper loyalty in these stores by leveraging our “success stories”
Ailsa Wingfield, Executive Director, Nielsen
How come banks far exceed retail with social media mentions about shopping experiences
* Learn about astute analysis of digital data allowing banks to encroach more into the shopping
space; some FNB’s now resembling i-stores, and some retail stores are starting to resemble banks
Mbuluma Silumbwe, Senior Social Media Data Analyst, Ornico
New Brand Loyalty – Values & Relationships driven by Innovative Disruption
* Brands getting it right- as per the Ask Afrika Icon Brands & Orange Index benchmark surveys
* Enhancing customer connectedness on their terms
Sarina de Beer, Director, Client Experience, Ask Afrika
How true that 20% of shoppers really matter- identify the profiles of your best shoppers to give your marketing and media strategies real power
* Some global research undertaken by dunnhumby highlights the true importance of the top 20% of shoppers – See real examples of how customer data science helps brands and retailers create successful targeted marketing strategies to optimise marketing investment across your categories, channels, and media.
Greg Streatfield, Customer Knowledge Manager, dunnhumby
SHOPPING LIST TODAY – multiple family shoppers – key influences
* Who takes responsibility for shopping duties
* What triggers influence an impulse purchase
* What role mobile plays in the shopping process
* Understand how AI is changing the way we consume information, make choices, navigate the world,
Sonia Correia, Strategist, Integer/Hotspot
Generation Next 2018: Connecting with the youth consumer
* Diving into fitness and eating habits
* Probing shopping habits
* Exploring route/channel to market
Mokebe Thulo, Insights Lead, HDI Youth Marketeers
0ptimising influence along the retail journey
* The difference between influencer and influence marketing.
* The power of communities versus individual consumers or shoppers.
* The importance of environments in retail and driving purchase.
Ryan McFadyen, Founder, Haveyouheard