08h40 – 09h25
Adding AI and predictive analytics to your customer first strategy
* Answering the most frequently asked questions about AI and content management
* Reviewing AI content enhancing tools; Wordsmith, Quill, Hemingway, Boomtrain, Optimove & IBM Watson
* “Shocking how many entries for the effective content strategy category in the 2017 WARC Awards relied on an insight that came from nowhere”
Carmen Murray, Tech Visionary & Founder, Boo Yah
09h30 – 10h15
Conversational commerce – enhancing customer experiences 24/7 with a digital-future strategy.
“Alexa, plan Friday’s dinner party. You know my friends better than I do, so create a menu they will all enjoy, and order the ingredients.” Later this year, when each customer’s shopperbot talks to your sellerbot – taking customers and ecommerce sites out of the buying decision – how does the role of marketing adapt? Does content become context, and SEO become AIO? Are you ready for when AI, voice interfaces, IoT, chatbots, NLP, conversational payments and situational personalisation become the new normal? What new skills and tools do marketers need? Where to begin?
Godfrey Parkin, CEO, Britefire
10h15 – 10h35 Coffee & Networking
10h35 – 11h10
The role of augmented reality and automation in building an omni-channel customer experience. Case study best practice experiences
AI learns and develops around what people do and how they do it whereas automation is really around the communication side so that responses and conversations etc are automated to make things more efficient.
Mandy Degener, Strategy Director, Liquorice
11h15 – 11h50
Oh dear! Content that got brands into hot water. Case study on success, failures and opportuities – what works, what doesn’t and why
Sheena Kretzmer, MD, The Social Local
11h55 – 12h30
Game of Thrones; rich with lessons about optimising content strategies and engaging fans daily
* Game of Thrones is rich with lessons for Content Marketers to both optimise their content strategies and engage with their fans on a daily basis. To put it in perspective; the total number of posts during the Premiere was 176,017, with a total reach of over 1 billion. That was generated in just under an hour of the show running and these stats have grown as the show has continued.
* What can Content Marketers learn from this? Well, there are a few valuable lessons that can be taken from the show
Dirk Visser, Head of Social Media and Innovation, CBR Marketing Solutions
12h30 – 13h20 Lunch
13h20 – 13h55
Black Twitter: Connecting with the untapped “unpredictable & disruptive” youth market in SA via mobile advertising
Building Chatbots that can connect with the progressive African millennial consumer(Unpredictable & Disruptive) On Facebook Messenger and other platforms.
Xolani Wiseman Sedibe, Creative Digital Strategist, Black Smoke Agency
How music has influenced conversations that have influenced commerce/marketing – Siya Metane founded SlikourOnLife www.slikouronlife.co.za, one of the biggest music and urban culture website in SA
* How brands try but don’t always get it right; I’ll explain why and the solutions and give examples
**Superbalist; Artists Brands; Coca-Cola
* Siya creates engaging influencer content for brands to support their strategy on digital
Siya Metane, MD, SlikourOnLife
14h40 – 15h15
How brands can leverage off blogs and podcasts hosted by influencers who have intimate relationships with their followers and can influence them to spread the word about buying brand products
Gopolang Themba, Associate, BE SALT
15h30 conference closes