08h30 – 09h05
Adding AI and predictive analytics to your customer first strategy
* Answering the most frequently asked questions about AI and content management
* Reviewing leading AI content enhancing tools, including IBM Watson
Carmen Murray, Tech Visionary & Founder, Boo-Yah
09h10 – 09h45
AI and Facebook; hot news from Facebook’s Developer Conference US, 1 & 2 May 2018
Craig Wight, Director, Popimedia
09h50 – 10h25
Conversational commerce – enhancing customer experiences 24/7 with a digital-future strategy.
“Alexa, plan Friday’s dinner party. You know my friends better than I do, so create a menu they will all enjoy, and order the ingredients.” Later this year, when each customer’s shopperbot talks to your sellerbot – taking customers and ecommerce sites out of the buying decision – how does the role of marketing adapt? Does content become context, and SEO become AIO? Are you ready for when AI, voice interfaces, IoT, chatbots, NLP, conversational payments and situational personalisation become the new normal? What new skills and tools do marketers need? Where to begin?
Godfrey Parkin, CEO, Britefire
10h25 – 10h50 Coffee & networking
10h50 – 11h25
The role of augmented reality and automation in building an omni-channel customer experience. Case study best practice experiences
AI learns and develops around what people do and how they do it whereas automation is really around the communication side so that responses and conversations etc are automated to make things more efficient.
Mandy Degener, Strategy Director, Liquorice
11h30 – 12h05
Oh dear! Content that got brands into hot water. Case study on success, failures and opportunities – what works, what doesn’t and why
Sheena Kretzmer, MD, The Social Local
12h10 – 12h45
Game of Thrones; rich with lessons about optimising content strategies and engaging fans daily
* Game of Thrones is rich with lessons for Content Marketers to both optimise their content strategies and engage with their fans on a daily basis. To put it in perspective; the total number of posts during the Premiere was 176,017, with a total reach of over 1 billion. That was generated in just under an hour of the show running and these stats have grown as the show has continued.
* What can Content Marketers learn from this? Well, there are a few valuable lessons that can be taken from the show
Dirk Visser, Head of Social Media and Innovation, CBR Marketing Solutions
12h45 – 13h35 lunch
13h35 – 14h10
Artificial Intelligence & The Progressive African Millennial Consumer. How to connect with the untapped “unpredictable & disruptive” Youth Market in South Africa
Building Chatbots that can connect with the progressive African millennial consumer (Unpredictable & Disruptive) On Facebook Messenger and other platforms.
Xolani Wiseman Sedibe, Creative Digital Strategist, Black Smoke Agency
14h15 – 14h50
How music has influenced conversations that have influenced commerce/marketing – Siya Metane founded SlikourOnLife www.slikouronlife.co.za, one of the biggest music and urban culture website in SA
* How brands try but don’t always get it right; I’ll explain why and the solutions and give examples
**Superbalist; Artists Brands; Coca-Cola
* Siya creates engaging influencer content for brands to support their strategy on digital
Siya Metane, MD, SlikourOnLife
14h55 – 15h30
How brands can leverage off blogs and podcasts hosted by influencers who have intimate relationships with their followers and can influence them to spread the word about buying brand products
Gopolang Themba, Associate, BE SALT
15h30 conference closes