08h30 – 09h10
Excitement in Liquor keeps consumers engaged
* Premiumisation driving growth, despite tough economic times
* Flavour exploration – a powerful influence
* Experiential expectations
* Healthy options and non-alcoholic liquor – are we interested?
Liezel Matthee, Head of Analytics and Consulting, IRI
09h15 – 09h50
Stop trying to be African, be relevant
It’s true; international brands must adapt their messaging to appeal to local markets. But too often they try too hard. Africa has become a trend and alcohol brands are trying to be trendy without really understanding how to talk to their consumers. Conceptual clarity around what the African consumer really wants and needs is essential for success. It requires cultural consciousness and nuanced conversations, underpinned by realistic data insights. This presentation will draw on market experience and real case studies to demonstrate how to successfully develop inspirational work that really talks to your audience.
Ryan McManus, CCO, VML SA
09h55 – 10h30
CAMPAIGN EFFECTIVENESS – It might look pretty but did you take market share?
* How to optimise your Media & Creative to yield greater campaign results
Melanie Campbell, Founder, Yield Agency
10h30 – 10h50 Coffee & Networking
10h50 – 11h25
Evolving from Social Media to Personalised Marketing
* Fragmentation of social into niche media – where do I focus my money
* Creating influential personalised experiences – bots, AI, voice
* How dark social can work
Godfrey Parkin, CEO, Britefire
11h30 – 12h05
Surviving the influencer marketing apocalypse
- Does influencer marketing actually work and WTF is an influencer?
- The 5 biggest mistakes marketers and agencies make, illustrated through data
Pierre Cassuto, CMO Humanz Globally & CEO Humanz Africa
12h10 – 12h45
Retail promotion – what really matters
A fortune is spent on displays and merchandising. It’s always controversial as to what really matters; one thought is the astute relationship between experiential and digital, another is store layout influenced by category management, and how important consumer concerns about packaging.
Jacqui Le Sar, MD, Inperspective (topic to be confirmed)
12h45 – 13h35 Lunch
13h35 – 14h10
Women and their complicated relationship with alcohol
* Are we losing the human touch in a world where robots and machines dominate the
conversation? Are we perpetuating social exclusion in a digital world?
* In a digital and social world that has psychological, spiritual and philosophical consequences for
human beings, how can we usefully segment audiences for impact strategies that speak to
different occasions and consumption habits
* Social influence – is my loyalty with your brand or the status it gives me?
* Understanding the journey your customer takes and how your communication and marketing
should use this to nudge trial and purchase for your brand
Sarina de Beer, Director Customer Experience, Ask Afrika
14h15 – 14h50
Strategy of putting consumers at the heart of everything we do
Speaker to be confirmed
14h55 – 15h30
WhatsApp for Brands – new ways to connect directly with your audience and collect data ahead of dark marketing
* Why WhatsApp?
* How does it work for brands
* Case Studies
* Demo + Exercise
* Benefits to Alcohol brands
Michael Krynauw, MD, Techsys Digital Johannesburg
15h45 conference closes