LIFESTYLE MARKETING & CULTURAL SEGMENTATION – Wed, 14 Apr ‘21
08h00 – 08h10
Terry Murphy, Publisher, Marketing Mix
08h10 – 08h40
Cultural sensitivities, the right themes, the right images, the right languages
- Advertising and branding is not made of themes, images, colours and words; it is made of culture.
- Brands enter the abyss as they battle advertising clutter and looking to effectively communicate with targeted audiences. The choice of the right themes, the right images, the right languages is at the centre of what makes or breaks a campaign
Louis Itumeleng Seeco, CEO, Elements
08h45 – 09h15
Brand loyalty in the eye of the Kasi consumer
Key insights from the 2020/2021 Ask Afrika Kasi Star Brands benchmark:
The township market as a collective is one of the biggest markets especially with regards to consumption in our country.
With no clear Covid-19 end in sight, brands need to best understand how consumers are changing, especially to optimally adapt to new spending abilities, shopping behaviours and loyalty.
Sarina de Beer, Director, Ask Afrika
Generation Z – adapting to the dynamics of a very demanding and skeptical target group – tomorrow’s primary market
- The Culture Foundry Co has conducted a fresh research project that set out to fully unpack, understand and provide actionable insights into the fascinating and paradoxical characteristics that make up the next generation of trend setters, Gen Z.
- Pairing a global perspective with local nuances, the project takes you on a tour of SA’s Gen Z mindset to help you stay ahead of the latest values and behaviours shifting youth culture as we know it.
Khutso Magabe, New Business Executive, The Culture Foundry Co
09h55 – 10h25
Tips and tricks on using gamification to uplift participation, stickiness and positively earned relationships
- New ways of connecting with your target audience to uplift your brand’s visibility and audience participation
- Simple engagement mechanics that stimulate your audience to repeatedly engage with your brand
Dave Sidenberg, CEO, BMI Sport Info